Title: Plant Supervisor
Supervised by: Director Of Operations
Summary: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the manufacture of products or assemblies used in the medical industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes work orders and sale orders to estimate worker hours and create schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets assembly and packaging instruction and insures all worked are properly trained for their assigned duties.
- Plans flow of materials through the manufacturing department and develops physical layouts (including new product introduction)
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Works with Manufacturing and Engineering to insure tooling is calibrated and has preventative maintenance performed as per schedule.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency in manufacturing.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and attendance and production records.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree.
- Five or more years in a supervisory position.
- Team work, good communication skills to work closely within department.
- Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Inventory software.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Work in an standard office setting using computer related equipment.
- Work in a manufacturing facility that utilizes drill presses, glue guns, jigs, assembly tools, testing equipment.
- Most of the work is sedentary in nature; however, some walking, climbing, and lifting of product weighing up to 30 pounds may be required.
- Work with individuals internal to the organization, including Team Leaders, Operations, Engineering, Sales and others within the organization to ensure that activities are complementary and focused on the customer.
- Participate on company teams and committees as appropriate to ensure integration of activities.
- Work with individuals external to the organization, including any auditors, vendors or other individuals requiring specific knowledge or responsibility from manufacturing perspective.
Buffalo Filter is always looking for outstanding talent. If you are interested in
submitting a resume, please e-mail your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an application.
All resumes and applications are maintained in Buffalo Filter's files for one year and are reviewed as needed
for available positions.
Buffalo Filter is an equal opportunity employer.